During this festive season while we indulge in good food, let us not forget that there are still many people suffering from hunger and poverty. This year, Menu for Hope III is raising funds for the UN World Food Programme which provides aid to refugees and others in need.
The campaign runs from the 11th to the 22nd of December. Every US$10 donated gets you one raffle ticket. The prizes contributed by food bloggers around the world are like a foodie's wildest dream comes true: cook books, exotic food, meals at restaurants and experiences with well known food bloggers and chefs.
Creatuve Zen V Plus (Prize Code: AP47)
I am donating a brand new 2GB Zen V Plus made by the Singapore based Creative Technology. Winner of the CNET Editors' Choice Award, the Zen V Plus is a pocket sized music, photo and video player featuring a vivid, full colour 1.5" OLED display and superior sound quality. Use it to listen to favourite songs and radio stations while you cook. Watch short video clips of food programmes on the go. Show off photographs of dishes you have made or eaten at restaurants. With a 2GB capacity, that's at least 30 hours of songs and hundreds of photographs. The Zen V Plus is also user friendly, even for someone as
the biggest tech idiot ever technologically challenged as I am.
In addition to the Zen V Plus, the lucky winner will also receive a mystery food related bonus prize. It may be my favourite cookbook, store bought delicacies, home made goodies or even kitchen tools. So buy a raffle ticket or two or more and bid for Prize Code AP47 now!
Here's how the raffle works:
1. Go to the donation page at Firstgiving.
2. Make a donation. Each US$10 will grant you one raffle ticket towards a prize of your choice. Please use the unique prize code to specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code eg. a donation of US$50 could be 2 tickets for AP01 and 3 for AP02.
3. For US donors, if your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we may claim the corporate match.
4. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Raffle ticket sales end on December 22, 2006. Check Chez Pim on January 15, 2007 where the results of the raffle will be announced.